Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let's Go Campin'

Ok, so I have to tell you that I love camp. Now, please understand, I am getting older, so the late nights followed by ridiculously early mornings are getting, um, tiring to say the least. But I also have to say that I love camp.

I love that at camp kids can leave all the crud they live with all the time in their everyday lives behind. I love that at camp the kids who never have friends at school are all of a sudden some of the most popular kids. I love that at camp the kids that get everything they want all the time at home all of a sudden realize that the world does not revolve around them. I love that at camp students are confronted with who Jesus is and fall in love with Him more and more with each passing day. I love that at camp adults and students have opportunities to connect with each other as they connect with Christ. I love that at camp kids get plunged into the depths of Jesus' love and grace as they follow Him into the water of baptism.

I love camp. I really do. It will make me quite sad when some day I have to not go to camp anymore. It will make me sad to know that I will miss out on these amazing things. But I will rejoice in knowing that someone else will be blessed by seeing the things I have seen.
I love camp. I love sleep....but I love camp SO much more! :)

3 comments:

  1. you know sour punch straws help you when your tired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! thanks joan! that is soooo helpful! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i very much like camp too!! :) there's something new about it every week i go...

    ReplyDelete