Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Change is a Comin! :)

Well, I have been waiting to tell everyone this until the appropriate time, and I suppose the time is now.

I am moving to Olathe, Kansas! WAHOO! :) I am going to be helping two of my very best friends start a church in Olathe, KS called 33 Church. And it is gonna rock! In fact, I believe the mantra is, "We are gonna change the world!" Which may seem a little steep, but hey, I am all about changing the world around me, however small or large that might be.

Now, hear me on this. I am terribly, awfully sad that I have to leave. This was most certainly the hardest decision I can remember making in all my 26 years. I cried many a tear in the process of making this decision. My poor friends got to hear about it almost every day, at least twice a day, and it was, I am sure, not always a pleasant conversation.

The story is long, and since I have already told it about 300 times this week, I just don't feel like getting into all the nitty-gritty right now, but suffice it to say, it has been quite the summer!

I am sure that in the future you will hear all about my students that I am so terribly sad to leave, my friends that I can't imagine living without, and my family, whom I am just pretending right now are coming with me! :) But for now, I just wanted to type it for the world (or both of my readers) to see. As of January 2010, I will be moving to Olathe, KS! Wow. OK. Good deal.

5 comments:

  1. I wish you didn't have to go, but I know that this is what you need to do. I can't wait to see how God uses you in Kansas. Love you! PLH

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks, patty lou! :) you are a true friend, my dear (there is that word again!) i can't wait to see what this is all about either. should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all of us will be uber sad when you leave, but I'm super excited that you are going where God wants you to go. He's done amazing things through you with this church, and I'm excited to see how He uses you in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen, I love how you just said uber! And Jess, you may want to make sure you have a spare bedroom for me and mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though there isn't a spare bedroom, juju and i can both sleep on the couch :)we won't mind one bit! I am going to miss you more than you'll ever know. But at the same time it totally puts a smile on my face to think about the lives you will change once you're down there! -moo

    ReplyDelete