Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good times were had by all....

I was able to go back to Iowa this past weekend to celebrate Easter with my family. That was delightful! I love being around my family. My parents keep me chuckling almost all weekend with their random stories and crazy antics. I was able to sing with my mom, which rocked my socks off! i was able to eat some GOOOOOOD chocolate with my padre. I got to shoot things on the Wii with my brother and his wonderful girlfriend. My mom's folks came up so we got to have dinner with them on Sunday night. It was, all in all, a great weekend with my family!

Then I got to spend Monday with a fabulouso friend. We just got to hang out and talk and cry and laugh and eat food and some more yummy chocolate. It was a great Monday. A sad one, because I could only stay for part of the day, but a great Monday nonetheless.

As I was reading Acts over the weekend and thinking about how stinkin' awesome the first church was, I was struck by just how grateful I am for the things that God has given me. I know that generally we spend time in November being thankful for things, but I found myself just reciting to God all the ways that He has continually blessed me over the years. I know that I am still struggling with seeing His plan for me right now, as I still have been unsuccessful in landing a job, but I know that in the midst of all of that, He has granted me with people that are willing to sign checks over to me and throw money in my car as I am driving away. I know that things are not always going to look like what I want them to look like or what I think they are going to look like, but through it all....man, through it all, God is faithful!

"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be."

Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some pretty awesome friends who love you very much! :) I am so grateful that in the midst of uncertainty you are seeing all that there is to be thankful for. Someday this is all going to make sense! P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure God looks down on you with a huge smile on His face knowing that you are trusting Him through this time in your life! :) -moo

    ReplyDelete