Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grateful....

I am grateful! I am grateful for the things that God has given me. This week, I am grateful for the people that he has placed in my life that challenge me and love me and smack me upside the head while giving me a hug. You just can't beat friends that will look you dead in the face and say, "Seriously....what is your problem? Get over it." And in the next moment give you a hug and tell you they love you.

I do love that kind of love. It is fantastic. :)

Thank you, Jesus, for friends who are patient and kind. Thank you for friends that don't envy or boast. Friends that are not proud or rude. Thank you for friends that don't do things just for themselves but instead think of others first. Thank you SOOOO much for friends who are more than capable of keeping their cool even when I am exploding. Thank you for friends that forgive when they have no real reason to....other than love. Jesus, thank you for friends that despise evil and do everything they can to help me get rid of it in my life and allow me the honor to help them get rid of it in their lives. Thank you that these friends of mine keep your Truth first and foremost in their lives so that I have amazing examples to follow. God, I am so thankful that you have surrounded me with people who protect me and stand by me forever. I am thankful that they have Your Truth in them so that I know they deserve my trust. I am thankful that because we are friends in You, we have a hope that stands the test of time. I am thankful that my friendships will persevere through anything.

Thank you, God, for friends like these!

Amen

2 comments:

  1. I thank God for you everyday, Jess! Thank you for loving me.

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any of us could live up to everything you just said but by trying to live like Jesus we can get a little closer every day! I am so thankful for you too! i love you very much :) -moo

    ReplyDelete